Out of all of these movies, I really liked Lost in Translation, the Bill Murray movie, written and directed by Sophia Coppola. Just some wonderful pacing and sentiment. I feel as if I get the Murray character. The movies captures the boredom of life, the loneliness one can feel even in a crowd, and the desire to connect, to be understood.
My other favorites from last year: Snatch, Kill Bill Vol. 1, Minority Report, Waking Life, Punch Drunk Love, and Sideways.
Some special categories:
- Best DVD Commentaries: Comedian, The Limey
- Favorite Male Acting: Paul Giamatti
- Favorite Female Acting: Uma Thurman
- Finally Glad I Watched: Narc, When We Were Kings, Paths of Glory, Donnie Darko, Solaris
- Not So Hot: The Cooler, Heat